Ordering a sleep study and how our testing process works
1) Call Medicina`s customer service department at 1-216-351-0224 to place an HST order. We will fax or e-mail you forms to complete and invoice that can be paid with a major credit card. Please fax the resident face sheet, enrollment form and signed Equipment Loan Rental Agreement to 1-866-763-9505.
2) Upon receipt of the forms and payment, our sleep laboratory CleveMed will process the order and mail the SleepView monitor directly to the facility via US Postal Service.
3) The monitor comes with easy to use instructions and is patient ready. The resident wears a chest strap, nasal cannula and oxygen sensor during sleep time and the monitor will collect enough data after 5 hours of sleep.
4) After a successful test has been verified, the SleepView monitor is returned by facility staff directly to our lab sleep in the self-addressed stamped envelope that is provided. The test results are downloaded in our diagnostic lab for scoring by a certified sleep technician.
5) A board-certified sleep physician reviews the raw test data and makes therapy recommendations based on a positive diagnosis of Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA).
6) Test results and therapy recommendations are fax directly to the facility and the prescribing physician within 4 days after the monitor has been received and processed by our sleep lab.
7) The sleep test results and a signed interpretation letter from the sleep doctor will be provided to the facility for residents being discharged home with orders for PAP therapy.
8) The prescribing physician reviews the information and recommendations provided by the sleep physician and authorizes CPAP/BiPAP therapy.
9) Facility staff will contact Medicina Medical for in-house residents with new orders or the appropriate home durable medical equipment company to place order for a CPAP/BIPAP therapy for residents being discharged to home.
HST testing services are offered to any to healthcare or medical facility. Payment can be made with a major credit card.